Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Our Kid to R-Kidz


Preschool for Baker
Sept.1, Baker had his very first day of Preschool. He is going to the preschool that I use to work out before we had kids of our own. It is such an amazing place with lots of fun things for the kids to do. I have been looking forward to the day that Baker could go here since the day he was born. He had to be 2 1/2 and potty trained. We knew he would be ready to go on the first day of September. He was so excited when we woke him up that morning and explained to him that he was now old enough to go to the same school that Emiliano, his cousin, got to go to. I'm pretty sure he thought Emo still went there, but we didn't have the heart to tell him that Emiliano is now even older and gets to go to a even bigger school. We figured he would forget about that once he saw all the kids playing and all the new toys to explore and lucky enough we were right. Baker opened the door to the dino's room and started playing like he had been going there his whole life. I kept telling him "Good Bye Baker we are leaving" and got no reaction from him at all. So we walked over to him, gave him a quick kiss and left. I think he looked up for about one second said' "Bye" and went on with his day. I was a nervous wreck all day wondering if he was going to be able to use the bathroom by himself, if he was going to be able to explain what he needed from the teacher, or if he was going to hit another kid. Finally after a very quiet morning at home it was time to pick him up. I was so excited to see how he did. Tyson, Brooklyn and I went and spyed through the window and saw a very happy boy playing with some other kids and enjoying every minute of it. I went into the classroom knowing by the look on his face that he had had an awesome day. When I walked in I expected for have him run up to me give me a big hug and tell me about all the fun things he did that day. Instead I got a 3 year old who decided to throw a huge temper tantrum because he didn't want me there! "No Mommy, No Mommy!" I looked at the teacher and asked if he had been like this all day and she said, "No he has been great" So we exited quickly with a screaming 3 year old and decided to feel lucky that he liked it so much instead of totally embarrassed. After we got to the truck the tears stopped and all the stories of the day began. ahhhhh I made it through his first ever day at school and I'm hoping it gets easier and easier with each day to come, on me, since he is obviously fine with the whole thing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweet story. I'm glad Baker likes his school.